The COVID-19 global pandemic has brought significant changes to the everyday lives of consumers, as well as, business practices of retail businesses. The top priority for small businesses dealing with high customer counts is a renewed emphasis on cleanliness while instilling a sense of assurance and confidence to returning customers and employees. Sport Clips Haircuts is on the forefront of these significant changes, first with the rapid close down of its entire system – over 1,800 locations - and now, the planning and execution to reopen better than ever.
As a brand, Sport Clips was already the dominant haircare provider in the men’s and boys’ haircut space. With such a strong reputation, it was clear early on, internal planning had to focus on making sure the brand reopened as the leader in the industry for cleanliness standards. That’s why Sport Clips developed the Sport Clips Clean Certification program, which provides enhancements of our Cleaning, Maintenance and Sanitation (CMS) Standards, along with a new training program for team members. Every team leader (franchisee) is required to have their team members successfully complete the new Sport Clips Clean Certification training course prior to reopening their store.
The number one priority for Sport Clips is the health and safety of all clients and team members. By completing this course, team members are educated on the additional measures needed to ensure the store’s cleaning, maintenance and sanitation standards are consistent for every client. These standards and training include:
- Proper use of disinfectants/sanitizers and the addition of disinfectant at each cutting station, hand sanitizer throughout the store, and cleaning & wiping down surfaces between each client
- A fresh, clean cape for every client
- Masks to be worn by all Sport Clips team members
- Proper handwashing techniques before each service
- Wellness screenings for team members and clients
- Social distancing in-store in the waiting area, cutting floor and showers (hair washing stations)
Sport Clips will continue to be vigilant to provide support and guidance to the more than 450 franchisees and their 20,000 team members. It is during these unprecedented times that our independent owners are reminded of why they joined Sport Clips to be in business for themselves, but not by themselves.