Our Mission & Purpose
Discover What Makes Us Sport Clips
Our team culture is part of what makes Sport Clips a unique hair cutting franchise opportunity. We have worked hard to create uniformity in our stores, creating environments where Clients feel comfortable and Team Members know they are all part of the same team. At Sport Clips, our strong values create happy Team Members who, in turn, create happy Clients. This is just part of living our mission statement: to create a Championship Haircut Experience for men and boys in an exciting sports environment.
Heart of a Champion
At Sport Clips, we promote what we call the Heart of a Champion. These simple principles sum up how we communicate with our Team Leaders, how we expect Team Leaders to interact with their team, and how we expect our Team Members to interact with our Clients.
The three principles that make up the Heart of a Champion—our Sport Clips Values—are:
- Do what’s right
- Do your best
- Treat others the way they want to be treated
In turn, the three key questions that guide our interactions with each other are:
- Can I trust you?
- Are you committed to excellence?
- Do you care about me?
Promoting Our Team Mentality
At Sport Clips, we are purposeful in our efforts to ensure a team mentality within our Hair Cut Franchise Opportunity.
Below are some of the terms we use and the ways we promote a team mentality within our brand:
- Coach: Coach refers to Sport Clips’ trainers. The term 'Coach' is used because it sets the expectation that the Coach and Team Members are partners in an ongoing professional learning relationship that is focused on a mutual goal: providing a Championship Haircut Experience to each Client, resulting in the success of our Team Members. Additionally, our Support Team includes Business Coaches and Regional Coaches who support Area Developers, as well as Technical, Operations, or Area Coaches who support stores directly under the direction of a Area Director. There may be three types of Coaches on an Area Developer’s Team: Technical Coach, Operations Coach, Area Coach.
- Huddles: Huddles refer to our conferences. We have three types of huddles: national, area developer/large multi-unit Team Leaders, and regional.
- MVP Experience: We treat every customer like an MVP with our exclusive and legendary MVP Experience. The MVP Experience includes: MVP precision haircut, a legendary hot steamed towel, massaging shampoo, and a relaxing neck and shoulder treatment.
- Sport Clips University (SCU): Sport Clips University is our online learning center that contains a variety of self-paced courses to assist in the learning process.
- Team Members (TM): The term Team Member refers to everyone who is on the Sport Clips Team, whether at the Support Center, on the AD’s Team, or in the stores. We do not use the term “employees” or “staff,” because we are all focused on achieving our mission and goals. We are all members of the same Team.
- Team Leader (TL): We call our Sport Clips franchisees Team Leaders (TLs). They serve as role models, cheerleaders, and coaches for their Store Managers and their entire teams, providing leadership, guidance, information, and support as they work together to achieve their common goals.
Get Started Today!
Learn About Our Hair Care Franchise Opportunity!